COMSOL Announces Version 5.6
The latest version of COMSOL Multiphysics® introduces new powerful modelling tools, faster solvers, new graphics features and more. The release of four powerful new products marks an important next step in the software’s evolution. Read more about how your engineering design process can be optimised and empowered by COMSOL Multiphysics®.
Highlights in Version 5.6:
- Fuel Cell & Electrolyzer Module for accurate simulation of fuel cells and electrolysers
- Polymer Flow Module for analysing non-Newtonian fluids
- LiveLink™ for Simulink® for cosimulation of COMSOL Multiphysics® and Simulink®
- Liquid & Gas Properties Module for realistic fluid and fluid mixture properties
- Solution time decreased by 30% or more for many types of simulations
- Realistic material rendering of plastics, metals and organic materials
- More robust solid operations for imported CAD models and CAD assemblies
- Material models for laminated iron cores used in motors and transformers
- Coupled RF, thermal and stress analysis tutorial for 5G applications
- Mechanical contact: transient contact and wear modelling
- Crack modelling with J-integral and stress intensity factor computations and phase-field-based damage simulation
- Room acoustics metrics including reverberation time, definition and clarity using ray acoustics
- Sound distortion in mobile device loudspeakers due to nonlinear thermoviscous effects
- Faster and more memory-efficient CFD solving
- Realistic fluid models for dry air, moist air and water–steam mixtures
To browse version 5.6 release highlights, visit: http://uk.comsol.com/c/bbh7
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
see Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the